In addition to providing SMS, Twilio is also an API provider that works directly with WhatsApp. Twilio provides businesses with purchase phone numbers and WhatsApp Official API accounts.
This Twilio WhatsApp API integration lets you respond to WhatsApp messages directly from our platform.
The Twilio WhatsApp Channel has a 24 hour messaging window. Once a WhatsApp User messages your WhatsApp Business Account, you will have 24 hours to reply.
After 24 hours no reply will be possible unless you use a Template.
1. Navigate to Settings > Add Channel > WhatsApp > Twilio.
2. Sign in to Twilio.
3. Find the Account SID on the Dashboard and add it in the field provided.
4. Find the Auth Token on the Dashboard and add it in the field provided.
5. Press Next.
6. Navigate to Programmable SMS > WhatsApp > Senders.
7. Press Configure next to the WhatsApp Number to be connected.
8. Add the WhatsApp Enabled Number found in the From field provided.
9. Add URL generated to the field A Message Comes In.
10. Add the URL generated to the field Status Callback URL.
11. Press Done.
Every Twilio WhatsApp channel connected can be configured with a unique:
1. Navigate to Settings > Channel Settings.
2. Find the Twilio channel to configure.
3. Press the blue Configure button.
4. Configure the channel.
5. Press Done.
Before sending a message template to a contact, the message template has to be submitted and approved by WhatsApp. Please refer to the WhatsApp Partners API, Twilio for the official documentation on how to set up the WhatsApp Message Template.
Once all is set up at Twilio, you may proceed to configure at YesHello Platform.
1. Navigate to Settings > Channels 2. Select the WhatsApp Twilio channel and press 'TEMPLATES' 3. Press 'ADD NEW TEMPLATES'
4. Fill in the required information
A name used to identify the template
The message template approved by WhatsApp and to be sent to the contact
In which category does this template belong to. Refer here for list of categories.
In which language this template is written in
5. Review the information and press 'SAVE' when it is ready.
Still having trouble with the channel? Contact us here!